Go on a kayaking discovery tour to Ile d’Ambre including a delicious picnic lunch
Surrounded by mangroves, Ile d’Ambre itself is an important ecosystem where you can explore and observe the breathtaking marine life of Mauritius! Kayaking is the best way to discover nature in an eco-friendly way, that is both sportive and relaxing.
|Location||North East, Ile d’Ambre|
|Operating days||All days|
|Activity time||09.00 – 15.00|
|Transportation||Offered as supplement|
In the north of the island, at St. Anthony, you will embark on an incredible adventure which you will remember the rest of your life. First, an initiation is planned during which a professional guide will explain the rules of safety to follow and how to maneuver your kayak. After this, your journey begins, during which you will discover all that Mauritius has to offer. After 15 minutes, you will arrive at Trou Coco where equipment will be provided for snorkeling. This spot is a well-known place for diving that provides you with the chance to swim with moonfish, three-spot damselfish, coral devils and many more species. Jump in the water, kayak around and enjoy this exceptional day!
Besides a beautiful ecosystem this island has a rich history; discover the remains of the houses of the French of 1750, the ruins of a kitchen, old watch towers… You will feel like having travelled back in time! Finally, you will get back safely to the mainland, richer with many incredible memories.
Terms and conditions
- The minimum age to take part in this activity is 8 years.
- Participants are obliged to fill in a waiver form prior to this activity.
What is included
- Water, juice and snacks are provided during the trip
- The tour starts at 9:00 and ends at 15:00
- Participants are recommended to bring water shoes, snorkelling equipment (in case of having your own, otherwise it will be provided), sun cream, a towel, swimwear and a spare set of clothes
- Difficulty: easy to average
- The meeting point is at Goodlands Winners Supermarket at 09.00