- FAMILY ADVENTURES
- Hiking and trekking
- Hiking and Trekking
- NATURE & ADVENTURE EXCURSIONS
- Safari wildlife adventures
Complete your holiday by crossing the ocean to get to the unique island of Ile d’Ambre
With its dense mangroves and its inner forests, Ile d’Ambre is one of the last places in Mauritius where you can find nature at its purest. This wild sanctuary makes for the perfect hiking site, as you will be surprised by the vast biodiversity and the old ruins that date back to 1750. Start your hike around the island in the early morning after you have taken the boat to reach the island. This 3-hour tour gives you the unique opportunity to unveil the secrets of Mauritius’ beautiful lagoons and hidden beaches, as well as the untouched nature and its mangroves.
|Location||North East, Ile d’Ambre|
|Operating days||All days|
|Duration||3- 3.5 hours|
|Activity time||09:00 – 12:30|
|Transportation||Offered as supplement to and from the departure point of the activity|
Each trip is carried out with total respect towards nature and its preservation. A professional guide will tell you everything about the rich biodiversity, caused by the volcano at the island, of which you will visit the crater during your walk. Learn about the marine eco system, the fauna and the lush flora. During this ecological excursion you will be pampered with small snacks, mineral water and juices. Your day will end at around 14.00, when you arrive back at the mainland of Mauritius.
Terms and conditions
- The minimum age to take part in this activity is 8 years.
What is included
- The boat trip towards Ile d’Ambre is included in the price.
- The level of this hiking tour is easy till moderate.
- Participants are recommended to bring hiking shoes, sun cream, mosquito repellent and a spare set of clothes
- Transportation from hotel-jetty-hotel is provided with a supplement charge.