Travel back in time and explore the history of Mauritius!
|Operating days||Monday – Saturday|
|Activity time||09.00 – 17.00|
|Transportation and Lunch||Included in the price|
As this tour is private, the route and starting times can be customized according to your preferences
We also offer guided tours in English, French, Czech and Polish upon request with supplement charge.
Included in the package:
- Visit l’Aventure du Sucre (sugar museum)
- Port Louis Capital – City tour, Central Market
- Aapravasi Ghat
- Caudan Waterfront
- Citadel (Fort Adelaide)
- Eureka House
- Lunch at L’Aventure du Sucre (Sugar museum) or at Eureka Colonial House
Who discovered Mauritius? Why is the island named the way it is? And which developments took place over the last centuries? These are all questions that will be answered during this fun and informative tour of Mauritius.
At l’Aventure du Sucre you will learn about the sugar production and the importance of this product to the colonial history of Mauritius. The old factory has been turned into a museum, making this tour interactive and exciting.
In Port Louis you will start at the Aapravasi Ghat World Heritage site, a symbol for the Mauritian identity. The Place d’Armes, Government House, Municipal Theater and Caudan Waterfront are the other interesting sites on the to-do list. End you tour through Port Louis with an incredible view of the capital at Fort Adelaide, better known as La Citadelle, which was a British strategic location.
Proceed your way towards the Eureka House, located by the Moka River and its waterfalls. This authentic mansion was built in 1830 and used to be owned by British and French aristocrats. Not only the luxuriously designed interior, but also the wonderful gardens are a point of interest.
What is included
- Tickets to l’Aventure du Sucre (Sugar Musuem) and Eureka.
- Lunch at l’Aventure du Sucre (Sugar Musuem) OR Eureka
- English / French speaking driver
- As this tour is private, the starting time of this tour can be alternated according to your preferences.
- La Citadelle in Port Louis closes on Saturdays at 12.00.
- This tour is available as from two persons.
- The tour for only one person is available upon request.
- For kids 3-12 you will get a 50% discount. Please kindly email us if you are booking with kids.
- Any dietary restrictions need to be advised at time of booking.
CHOSEN MENU NEED TO BE ADVISED AT TIME OF BOOKING
OPTION 1: Menu for lunch at L’Aventure du Sucre (Sugar museum)
- APPETISERS: Assorted Fangourin appetisers served on garlic and parsley tartines
- MAIN COURSES:
Creole chicken, stewed brèdes (local greens) accompanied with white rice and cucumber salad
Grilled grouper, seasonal vegetable fricassé accompanied with fried rice with raisins and cucumber salad
- DESSERT: A light mousse of mango topped with a coconut and combava crumble
- DRINKS: 0.5l water Tea, coffee or herbal tea
- MAIN COURSE: Pasta with bolognese or tomato napolitain sauce
- DRINKS: Mint or grenadine cordial or 0.5cl bottle of water
- DESSERT: Ice cream or sorbet
OPTION 2: Menu for lunch at Eureka Colonial House
- Smoked marlin with salad
- Dry beef curry served with pumpkin fricassee, peanuts rougaille, coconut chutney, rice, lentils soup and pickles.
- Vanilla ice cream with grilled coconut