Travel back in time and explore the history of Mauritius!
Who discovered Mauritius? Why is the island named the way it is? And which developments took place over the last centuries? These are all questions that will be answered during this fun and informative tour of Mauritius. In order to get to know the rich history of this small country, you will be visiting:
- l’Aventure du Sucre
- Port Louis
- Aapravasi Ghat
- Eureka House.
Transportation, pick-up and drop-off, lunch and a personal driver to show you around are included in this tour.
|Operating days||Monday – Saturday|
|Activity time||09.00 – 17.00|
|Transportation and lunch||Included in the price|
|Remark||Pick-up from and drop-off to your place of accommodation is included in the package.|
At l’Aventure du Sucre you will learn all there is to know about the sugar production and the importance of the product to the colonial history of Mauritius. The old factory has been turned into a museum, making this tour interactive and exciting.
In Port Louis you will start at the Aapravasi Ghat World Heritage site, a symbol for the Mauritian identity. The Place d’Armes, Government House, Municipal Theater and Natural History Museum are the other interesting sites on the to-do list. End you tour through Port Louis with an incredible view of the capital at Fort Adelaide, better known as La Citadelle, which was a British strategic location.
Proceed your way towards the Eureka House, located by the Moka River and its waterfalls. This authentic mansion was built in 1830 and used to be owned by British and French aristocrats. Not only the luxuriously designed interior, but also the wonderful gardens are a point of interest.
- As this tour is private, the starting time of this tour can be alternated according to your preferences.
- La Citadelle in Port Louis closes on Saturdays at 12.00.
- This tour is available as from two persons.
- The tour for only one person is available upon request.
- For kids 3-12 you will get a 50% discount. Please kindly email us if you are booking with kids.
- Any dietary restrictions need to be advised at time of booking.
What is included
- All entry fees to l’Aventure du Sucre (Sugar Musuem) and Eureka are included in the price.
- Lunch at Sugar Musuem is included in this package.
Menu for lunch: Adult menu:
- APPETISERS: Assorted Fangourin appetisers served on garlic and parsley tartines
- MAIN COURSES: Creole chicken, stewed brèdes (local greens) Side dishes White rice and cucumber salad
- DESSERT: A light mousse of mango topped with a coconut and combava crumble
- DRINKS: 0.5l water Tea, coffee or herbal tea
- MAIN COURSE: Pasta with bolognese or tomato napolitain sauce
- DRINKS: Mint or grenadine cordial or 0.5cl bottle of water
- DESSERT: Ice cream or sorbet