Go on a cowboy adventure in one of the most beautiful nature rich domains of Mauritius.
Far from the rush of the city and the tourist facilities you will be welcomed with cocktails in the beautiful natural park Domaine de l’Etoile, which used to serve as a private hunting area. It is here where you will get to meet your companion: a Boerperd horse, referred to as the ultimate family horse being ideal for quiet rides for both experienced and non-experienced riders. Just saddle up, hop on and entwine yourself in an authentic way with the wonderful biodiversity of the park.
|Location||East, Domaine de L’Etoile|
|Operating hours||09.00 – 17.00|
|Operating days||All days|
|Transportation||Offered as supplement|
|Remark||Children above the age of 6 with riding experience are accepted
This activity is offered at 10.00, 13.30 and 15.30
During the ride you will be able to see many endemic species such as the Kestrel, Mauritian cardinals, Java deer, monkeys and fruit bats, as well as beautiful rivers and fascinating trails. Experienced guides will accompany you during the entire tour, allowing all levels of riders to enjoy this horse riding activity. Prepare yourself for an exhilarating ride and enjoy the nature in pure tranquility for 1 hour. After your ride you have the option to have a lovey lunch at the Domaine’s restaurant, situated next to a river and offering stunning views onto the mountain.
Terms and conditions
- Pregnant women and physically challenged persons are not allowed to perform this activity.
- Children above the age of 6 with previous experience are accepted.
- Participants are obliged to wear long trousers and closed shoes.
What is included
- Included in the price is the welcome cocktail, entrance fees to the park and guidance.
- Hot showers and refreshing towels are available. Do bring spare clothes in case you want to freshen up after the ride.
- All needed equipment is provided at the site.