- Attractions, parks & sites
- Culinary tastings
- Deals and Discounts
- FAMILY ADVENTURES
- Full day tours
- SIGHTSEEING TRIPS
Discover the magnificent south with its mountains, green valleys and interesting sights!
|Operating days||Monday – Saturday|
|Activity time||09.00 – 17.00|
|Transportation||Included in the price|
|Remark||As this tour is private, the route and starting times can be customised as per your preferences.
We also offer guided tours in English, French, Czech and Polish upon request with supplement charge.
This tour package includes:
- Visit of Grand Bassin, the sacred lake
- Visit of Bois Cheri tea factory followed by tea tasting
- Visit of the St Aubin Colonial House followed by lunch
- Visit of La Vanille Crocodile Park
- Gris Gris viewpoint
During this tour you will have private transport, pick-up and drop-off at your place of accommodation and a personal driver to show you around. Travel in maximum comfort and convenience and explore the South!
Your day will start at Grand Bassin, where you can find Hindu temples and statues, amongst which the 33 meters high Shiva statue, a gift of the Indian government.
After your visit here, you will continue along the tea route, with your first stop being Bois Cheri, the largest and oldest tea manufacturer of the country. At the tea museum you will learn more about the process of making tea and the colonial past of Mauritius, after which you will of course have the opportunity to taste some of the many variations.
The third stop of your tour is the Domaine Saint Aubin, built in 1819, which used to be home to several managers of the sugar estate. It is here where you will be served a delicious lunch.
In the afternoon you will bring a visit to the famous La Vanille Crocodile Park, of course home to a great crocodile population. Also, many other species call this park their home, such as the giant Aldabra tortoises, the ringtail lemurs, macaque monkeys and iguanas. The park is surrounded with a green oasis that allows you to also explore the splendid indigenous nature of Mauritius.
Also, part of this tour, you will have also chance to Just a couple of minutes down the road, you will find yourself at the most southern point of Mauritius, Gris Gris, with big waves crashing directly onto the cliffs as there is no surrounding coral reef. This place is a great viewpoint that shows you the force of nature and a whole different face of the tropical island.
What is included
- Tickets to Bois Cherie Tea Factory, St Aubin Colonial house with lunch (excluding drinks), Crocodile’s Park, Private Transportation with English/French speaking driver
- Any dietary restrictions need to be advised at time of booking.
- This tour is available as from 2 persons.
- The tour for 1 person is available upon request – kindly contact us for more details.
- Kids 3-11.99 years pays 50% the adult rate – kindly contact us for booking.
LUNCH MENU AT DOMAINE DE ST AUBIN
Homemade Ice tea
Starter: Palm heart salad with smoked marlin and bread
Main Course: Chicken with a Vanilla Sauce, Sautéed vegetables, Lentil soup, Mixed chutneys and pickles, Plain rice
Dessert: Caramelized banana in toffee sauce
½ a bottle of water