Mauritius is associated with its tasty rum, now come and discover it at the Rhumerie de Chamarel!
This tour includes the ticket only.
From cultivation and harvesting to fermentation and the sophisticated process of distillation; everything is done so that the distillery can make rum of incomparable quality. During your visit of the distillery, you will be taking part in a tasting of various types of rums, as well as liqueurs and Coeur de Chauffe, all produced by the distillery itself. Unlike traditional rum produced by the molasses, agricultural rum is obtained by distilling pure cane juice, a process that allows for a unique aroma and a different color. The Chamarel distillery welcomes visitors for a unique and fun touristic experience ranging from a guided tour of the distillery and rum tasting to a tasty meal at L’Alchimiste.
|Operating hours||09.30 – 17.30|
|Operating days||Monday – Saturday|
|Transportation and lunch||Offered as supplement|
The L’Alchimiste restaurant offers:
- Starter: smoked marlin salad or smoked chicken salad
- Main course: Chicken stew served with creole rice, black lentils and pickles OR Fish curry served with creole rice, black lentils and pickles
- Dessert: Perfect pineapple or bavarois with lemon
- Drinks: 1/2 water and 1 coffee are included in the menu and 1 drink per person (1 Ti-punch or 1 Mojito or 1 soft drink or 1 beer or 1 juice)
- Grilled chicken with fries or grilled fish with fries OR spaghetti tomato sauce
- Dessert: vanilla ice cream
- Drinks: 1 soft drink or 1 juice
So, come and discover the Chamarel Rhumerie with your family or your friends and share the incredible tasting moment to finish your day well!
Book your ticket now!
- The Rhumerie is opened Monday – Saturday, 09.00 – 16.30