- Attractions, parks & sites
- FAMILY ADVENTURES
- Full day tours
- Sea and water fun
- SIGHTSEEING TRIPS
- Underwater adventures
A splendid private tour to Ile aux Aigrettes, Manioc Biscuit Factory, Blue Bay Marine Park and Mahebourg.
|Operating days||Monday – Saturday|
|Activity time||09.00 – 17:00|
As this tour is private, the route and starting times can be customized according to your preferences.
We also offer guided tours in English, French, Czech and Polish upon request with supplement charge.
This tour package includes:
- Visit of Ile aux Aigrettes in group sharing basis (with English/French speaking guide)
- Visit Mahebourg Village and shops (Market only on Mondays)
- Historical Naval Musuem
- Manioc Factory
- Blue Bay bottom glass and snorkeling
Start your day with a visit to Ile aux Aigrettes island. After a short boat trip to get to the islet, your tour through the animal sanctuary established there by the Mauritian Wildlife Foundation can start. You will see wonderful species that have been or are endangered, such as the Pink Pigeon, the Mauritian Kestrel and the giant Aldabra tortoises. Part of the tour around the island, organized by a local guide, is a visit to the indigenous plant nursery, after which you will be able to recognize many plant species such as the Ox Wood, the Rad Wood and the Bottle Palm. At the end of the tour at Ile aux Aigrettes, you can buy some souvenirs in the boutique.
Your next stop is Mahebourg, the city that was named after Bertrand Francois Mahé de La Bourdonnais. The city still bears the testimony of the Dutch and French colonists that once embarked on this side of the island.
You will be transported back in time while visiting the Manioc Factory named as Biscuiterie Rault. The biscuit factory is situated in a quiet, unpretentious estate surrounded by lush tropical greenery: coconut trees, cassava plantation and mango trees. Discover the history of the Rault family, the origins of the cassava biscuits in Mauritius, and the journey of this family business over the past 145 years.
The last excursion of this day is a visit to Blue Bay Beach, which is famous for its crystal-clear waters and soft powdery sand. The Marine Conservation Park is home to 50 different types of corals, where many marine species can thrive. Explore the incredible underwater world with a glass-bottom boat, which allows you to safely discover the seabed.
For those that want to have a closer look at the fish, there is the option to
jump into the water and go snorkeling. Perhaps you might even encounter a
beautiful sea turtle!
What is included
- Visit of Ile aux Aigrettes, tickets to Manioc factory, Blue Bay bottom glass with snorkeling, private transport with English/French speaking driver
- Snorkeling equipment will be provided on the boat.
- Lunch can be provided with additional cost.
- The Glass Bottom Boat departs every day between 09.00 and 16.00.
- The last cruise with the Glass Bottom Boat departs at 15.00.
- For kids 3-12 you will get a 50% discount. Please kindly email us if you are booking with kids.
- The visit of Ile aux Aigrettes and the bottom glass with snorkeling is on group sharing basis. Private activities can be organized on request and with additional cost.
Lunch is proposed at the Nativ Lodge & Spa.
A warm approach and a tropical lifestyle awaits you. Located near the southern city of Mahebourg, the lodge provide an enchanted environment, where nature meets culture.
Starter: Mauritian fritters
Main Course: Chicken curry, fish in a creole way and paneer in a red sauce accompanied with rice, green vegetables and chutneys
Dessert: Homemade garden papaya pie with ice cream
Drinks: Bottle of water
Price: 25 EUR per person