- Attractions, parks & sites
- Deals and Discounts
- FAMILY ADVENTURES
- Full day tours
- Sea and water fun
- SIGHTSEEING TRIPS
- Underwater adventures
A splendid private tour to Ile aux Aigrettes, Manioc Biscuit Factory, Blue Bay Marine Park and Mahebourg.
Your wonderful full day tour, which includes private transport, pick-up and drop-off to any hotel in Mauritius and a personal driver to show you around the interesting sites namely:
- Ile aux Aigrettes
- Mahebourg village and shops
- Blue Bay beach with bottom glass and snorkeling
|Operating days||All days|
|Activity time||09.00 – 17.00|
|Transportation||Included in the price|
Start your day with a visit to Ile aux Aigrettes island. After a short boat trip to get to the islet, your tour through the animal sanctuary established there by the Mauritian Wildlife Foundation can start. You will see wonderful species that have been or are endangered, such as the Pink Pigeon, the Mauritian Kestrel and the giant Aldabra turtoises. Part of the tour around the island, organized by a local guide, is a visit to the indigenous plant nursery, after which you will be able to recognize many plant species such as the Ox Wood, the Rad Wood and the Bottle Palm. At the end of the tour at Ile aux Aigrettes, you can buy some souvenirs in the boutique.
Your next stop is Mahebourg, the city that was named after Bertrand Francois Mahé de La Bourdonnais. The city still bears the testimony of the Dutch and French colonists that once embarked on this side of the island. Visit the Historical Naval Museum, explore the wide streets or go for some nice shopping in the old city center.
You will be transported back in time while visiting the Manioc Factory named as Biscuiterie Rault. The biscuit factory is situated in a quiet, unpretentious estate surrounded by lush tropical greenery: coconut trees, cassava plantation and mango trees. Discover the history of the Rault family, the origins of the cassava biscuits in Mauritius, and the journey of this family business over the past 145 years.
The last excursion of this day is a visit to Blue Bay Beach, which is famous for its crystal-clear waters and soft powdery sand. The Marine Conservation Park is home to 50 different types of corals, where many marine species can thrive. Explore the incredible underwater world with a glass-bottom boat, which allows you to safely discover the seabed. For those that want to have a closer look at the fish, there is the option to jump into the water and go snorkeling. Perhaps you might even encounter a beautiful sea turtle!
What is included
- Included in the price are also all entry tickets and excursions as described.
- Snorkeling equipment will be provided for at the boat.
- Included in the price is a visit to Ile aux Aigrettes reserve, Mahebourg village, tickets to Biscuit Factory and , a cruise on a glass bottom boat with snorkeling.
- Our driver speak English and French fluently.
- Most of our vehicles are equipped with WIFI
- The Glass Bottom Boat departs every day between 09.00 and 16.00.
- The last cruise with the Glass Bottom Boat departs at 15.00.
- For kids 3-12 you will get a 50% discount. Please kindly email us if you are booking with kids.