Home to various species and incredible geographical features, La Vallée des Couleurs is a must-visit when being in Mauritius!
Visit the green valleys, several plateaus, impressive mountains, crater lakes and lush green forests, all to be found in the Vallée des Couleurs park. The park is mainly famous for its 23 coloured earth, a result of lava cooling down at different temperatures, being exposed to a wide range of natural and weather conditions. The visit will start at the Exhibition room, which will provide you with an outline of the different places of interest you will visit later on that day. After this you will enter the fern garden, where ferns orchids and native flowers flourish. The rest of the park comes with an unspoiled beauty, giving you the chance to spot some of the endemic species of Mauritius, such as the Pink Pigeon, the Paille en Queue and the Mauritian Kestrel. Also, the park is home to several incredible waterfalls, which you will be able to explore during your visit.
|Operating Hours||09:00 – 17:00|
|Duration||2 – 3 hours|
|Operating Days||All Days|
To break the day at the park, you can opt for a delicious lunch at the restaurant, offering incredible panoramic views. The cafeteria and the kids garden also are at your disposal. At La Vallée des Couleurs, several activities can be booked optionally, such as quad biking, zip lining and a Nepalese bridge. Whatever you choose, you can expect an incredible day with beautiful ponds, mesmerizing waterfalls, the multicolored earth, interesting flora and fauna and of course lots of fun and excitement!
The “Visit La Vallée des Couleurs with Lunch” Includes:
- Entrance to the Park: Access to the geological museum; natural waterfalls, the 23 coloured earths, endemic flora and fauna as well as picturesque panoramic view.
- Welcome cocktail followed by an introduction of the Reserve by the Park’s guide
- Mini lunch comprising of: A Margarita Pizza, Tomato Ham, Grilled Cheese, Chicken and Cheese Wrap, French fries, Chicken Pane. Drinks: 1 glass of soft drinks or Juice and 0.5L of Water.
- Free time to explore the park’s beauty at leisure
- Access to the facilities of the reserve such as the Kids Garden, Cafeteria.
- The total duration of a visit to La Vallée des Couleurs is about 3-4 hours.
- There are different activities that can be booked prior to visiting the park, such as quad biking, zip lining and fishing.