Come discover a selection of quality wines in different areas, each of which has its own specialty!
This tour includes transport to and from your accommodation anywhere in Mauritius, transportation to all sites and a site-guide accompanying you throughout the visit. The tour includes a visit to the Takamaka Winery, where you can discover the local production of lychee wine. You can visit the cellar, watch a video about the wine process, and have a proper tasting at the bar during which you will meet the owner for a moment of sharing. Also, you will visit the Chamarel Rhumerie, a distillery producing a range of agricultural rums from sugar cane juice. The tour of Saint starts with a visit to the distillery, followed by a tasting of all the exotic aromatic rums it offers.
|Location||South / Center / South West|
|Operating days||Monday – Saturday|
|Operating hours||09.00 – 17.00|
|Transportation||Included in the price (pick up and drop off)|
Included in this tour is a delicious lunch menu at Saint Aubin restaurant. The trip will be in maximum comfort in a family car or minivan (for large groups), both with air conditioning and an experienced driver to show you around
Terms and conditions
- Children (up to 12 years old) must be accompanied by their parents
What is included
- Non-alcoholic cocktails will be offered to minors
- Visit to Takamaka Winery, St Aubin Colonial House with lunch, Rhumerie de Chamarel. On the way, you can also stop at Gorges for some magnificent views.
- Takamaka: Length of visit and wine tasting: 45 minutes (Maximum number of participants: 30 people – divided into 2 groups of 15 people
- Opening hours of the Takamaka winery: Monday to Friday: 09:00 to 16:30; Saturday: 09.00 – 13.00
- Chamarel: Duration of the visit and tasting of rum: 30-40 minutes
- Opening hours of Chamarel: Monday to Saturday: 09:00 to 17:00
- Saint Aubin: Duration of the visit and tasting of rum: 1-2 hours
- Opening hours of Saint Aubin: Monday to Saturday: 09:00 – 17:00.
Saint Aubin Menu: Welcoming drink: Homemade Ice tea Starter: Palm heart salad with smoked marlin Main Course: Chicken with a Vanilla Sauce Rice, Lentils, Sautéed Vegetables and pickles Desert: Caramelized banana in toffee sauce and vanilla ice cream Still Water